We offer both private and open plan studios open 24/7 to cater for creative practitioners who prefer to work in solitude, as well as those who prefer to work alongside others.
The studios are suitable for a variety of art forms, all we ask is that applicants be committed to contributing to a creative working environment by using their studio on a regular basis. Most of the studios have excellent natural light.
Black and white photographic darkroom: Our newly established black and white darkroom can accommodate 35mm and medium format film (up to 6×7), and print sizes up to 16in x 20in.
Applications are now being taken for our Facilities User membership schemes. The schemes are for experienced artists who would like to use the Photography Darkroom, Printmaking and Sculpture facilities on a regular basis, but do not need a permanent work space at neo: studios.
It is up to you to provide your own photographic film, chemicals and paper, but they can also be purchased from our studio shop.
- 2 x Photo enlargers
- ‘Ilford MULTIGRADE 400HS’ enlarger
- ‘Durst M805 Color’ enlarger
- 50mm, 75mm, 105mm enlarger lenses
- A selection of 3, 2 or 1 reel film developing tanks
- 8 film spirals, up to medium format film
- Marrutt film drying cabinet
- Light box, 36cm x 43cm
- Ceramic Belfast sink 83cm x53cm
- Plus darkroom paraphernalia (clips, squeegees, measuring vessels, trays, etc.)
- 1 x print drying rack, 7 shelf capacity, 62cm x 32cm
- 1 x print drying rack, 7 shelf capacity, 85cm x 35cm
The studio is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We regret there is currently no disabled access but funding is being applied for to remedy this situation.
Facilities User Schemes:
We have a range of Facilities User Membership schemes including: 24/7 access – £40 per calendar month payable in advance by standing order – For new or existing neo:associates who are experienced. This includes a neo:associate membership fee which gives benefits such as individual web page, access to the gallery programme through proposals for group and solo show opportunities.
Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm access – £40 per calendar month on an ad hock basis Project-based non-membership for experienced artists.