Before applying, please read the following neo: membership guidance and terms and conditions. You will also need to send examples of your work as part of your neo: application (.jpegs, pdfs, etc.), so please have these ready before proceeding further.
Associate member (£10 per month)
Associates are entitled to:
- Display their work on the Neo:artists website in the appropriate area eg. a practitioner accepted as a writer would have his/her profile page displayed in the neo:writers section
- Submit their work for exhibitions held at the Neo:artists gallery. NB Once accepted practitioners may submit work in any form to exhibitions eg. a writer may submit visual work. Submission to exhibitions does not guarantee inclusion in the exhibition. Curators make decisions regarding selection of work based on theme, space, presentation and exhibition cohesion.
- Attend meetings at the Neo:artists studio/gallery centre
- To be notified for opportunities of paid work when Neo:artists are approached for professional artistic input
- All Associates must adhere to a professional criteria set by the management group
Facilities User (£50 per month)
Facilities Users will be entitled to all of the Associate benefits listed above, but in addition they will also be entitled the use of the printmaking and sculpture workshop facilities in the neo:artists studios.
Studio Holder (£60 – £300 per month)
Studio Holder will be entitled to rent a workspace in the Neo:artists Studios. They will also be entitled to all of the Associate and Facilities User benefits described above. Studio Waiting List / Membership When a studio becomes available we advertise internally for one week within the studios. We will then inform Associates of the availability for a second week. After this two week period applications will be taken from our waiting list in chronological order providing the materials/processes to be used are compatible with the space available. Contact is made by email and a closing date will be given by which to register interest. It is vital that you keep us updated with new email addresses.
How would you describe your practice?
It is not important in this section to explain your working process or techniques. We want to understand how your ideas develop and how you explore avenues and possibilities for enquiry.
- Is your work process based or observational in nature?
- Do you work on a large scale? If so why?
- How (if at all) do you exploit other media and materials to develop your ideas?
- How has your work evolved and developed?
- Do you have a philosophy supporting your work?
This is an opportunity for us to get to understand more about you and your work. Art is often about more than the image and needs to be experienced in a context.
- Be honest.
- Don’t try to be overly complex.
- Try to avoid excessive jargon
- Don’t be vague.
Writers might prefer to use the term ‘craft’ or ‘style’ for this section.
What do you hope to achieve in the next twelve months?
This is going to vary widely from individual to individual but we are trying to gauge what you want from your involvement with Neo:artists. Some applicants might be working towards a particular exhibition or project whilst others might be at the start of their artistic careers and want to have time to develop new ideas. Specific goals are not important but we would hope that artists are able to think about their work as a longterm commitment.
Benefits of joining include:
- website presence;
- exhibition and curating opportunities
- affordable studio spaces and use of print and 3d facilities
- skill sharing, peer support and critical dialogue
- open access printing and sculpture facilities and workshop programme
The studio is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We regret there is currently no disabled access.
The facilities user fee is £40 per calendar month, payable in advance by standing order.