- As an amateur artist I dabbled in several mediums and explored a wide range of subject matter.
- After more formal training my interests focused on the concept of ‘Visual Intelligence’ which underpins the idea that the brain interprets images using both conscious and unconscious thoughts.
- My studies for MA were related to ‘The Uncanny ‘ and bythe manipulation of old family Photographs I focused on memory: applying techniques such as ‘hidden symbolism’ and ‘fragmentation’ to conceal aspects of the past. The result is a sense of emotional introspection which charges the narrative with a disturbing undertone.
- I have recently developed a more carefree approach!… with an added interest in Portraiture.
- I now enjoy painting ‘any subject’ using Inspiration from the wonderful World around me….and what a worry!
- ….As a Scientist I have long been aware of the uphill struggle to preserve Life on Earth for future generations.
I have exhibited & sold at the ‘Royal Academy Summer Exhibition’ (London) and was a featured Artist on the Documentary ‘The BBC2: Royal Academy Exhibition, 2016’.
B.Sc. (Hons.) Zoology, B.A. (Hons. 1st Class Fine Art) M.A. (Fine Art)
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org