Applications are now being taken for our Print Studio User membership schemes. The schemes are for experienced printmakers who would like to use the printmaking facilities on a regular basis, but do not need a permanent work space at neo:studios.
neo: also offers a programme of friendly relaxed courses In our spacious and well lit print workshop for improvers and beginners on a variety of print processes.
neo:studios CIC, 1st Floor, Corporation Chambers, Corporation Street, Bolton, BL1 2AN
The printmaking studio is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We regret there is currently no disabled access but funding is being applied for to remedy this situation.
Studio User Schemes:
We have a range of Studio User Membership schemes including:
24/7 access - £40 per calendar month payable in advance by standing order - For new or existing neo:associates who are experienced printmakers. This includes a neo:associate membership fee which gives benefits such as individual web page, free submission to neo:exhibitions, solo show opportunities.
Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm access - £40 per calendar month on an ad hock basis
Project-based non-membership for experienced printmakers.
Please contact Jason Simpson or Denis Whiteside
10am – 4pm Open Access for printmakers - £20 per day
For experienced printmakers.
Book here neo:workshops
If you have other requirements other than those outlined above please get in touch, our aim is to provide access to our printroom facilities for all serious artists.
The printmaking studio is ‘green’. We offer non-toxic printmaking facilities for a wide range of print processes including:
- Ferric Chloride Etching
- Copper Sulphate Etching
- Solar Plate Etching
- Photo Screenprint
- Our Corporation Street print studio offers
- 3 x screen-print beds,
- Bed size 3m x 1.5m
- Bed size 224cm x 146cm
- Bed size 224cm x 146cm
- 1 x Steel screen washout cabinet 150cm x 115cm with jet-washer
- 1 x Natgraph U/V exposure unit - Table size 114cm x 92cm
- Large TOFKO Etching press - Bed size, 1m x 1.8m
- Small POLYMETAAL Etching press - Bed size, 35cm x 60cm
- Relief press, 50cm x 40cm
- Hot plate, 60cm x 50cm
- Aquatint booth, maximum plate size 70cm x 60cm
- Light box, 73cm x 53cm
- Print workshop sink, 240cm x 85cm
- 1 x print drying rack, 48 shelf capacity, 1.6m x 1m
- 1 x print drying rack, 50 shelf capacity, 97cm x 63cm
- 2 x work bench tables, each 240cm x 120cm
- 9 x toughened glass work stations, each 90cm x 50cm
- Lockers and plan-chest drawers available to Studio Users
- Selection of fine art papers and inks for various print processes
- Open Access available http://www.neoartists.co.uk/workshops.asp
- Workshops delivered http://www.neoartists.co.uk/workshops.asp
- Studio waiting list http://www.neoartists.co.uk/neo_application.asp
Jason Simpson or Denis Whiteside